Details of a proposed $55 million expansion of East Carolina University's Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium were unveiled to supporters Saturday at the Purple-Gold intersquad spring football game.
A video depicting the Southside Renovation Project was shown on the video board in the stadium at halftime of the scrimmage.
The expansion and face-lift of the south side of the stadium is slated to be completed before the first 2018 home football game, according to a press release from East Carolina University Athletics.
The proposed project will include the construction of a new Southside Tower that will include:
- A Club Level featuring an additional 670 seats and an expansive club lounge with an all-inclusive buffet and a beverage area;
- 20 Loge Boxes, each with four seats and a door that allows direct access to the club lounge space;
- 14 Standard Suites with retractable windows, premium food and beverage options, passage to the club lounge and a private suite-level entrance;
- Five Founder's Suites, each with a restroom, availability to the area's own lounge, upgraded outdoor seating and premium parking.
- The plan also includes a new premium grass parking area will include cable TV connections and electrical outlets and access to a permanent restroom.
And a new 8,000-square-foot Field Level Club is proposed for the area in front of the Murphy Center adjacent to the west end zone.
The plan has been approved by the ECU Board of Trustees and the UNC Board of Governors. The project go-ahead is contingent upon premium seating commitments and supporter donations.
To keep up with Greenville real estate and Winterville real estate news, home-buying and home-selling tips, decor and landscaping ideas, giveaways, and eastern North Carolina happenings, make sure to Like the Tyre Realty Group Facebook page.