For a modern take on a holiday wreath, it's hip to be square!
Make a Christmas decoration for your door with a picture frame, your choice of ornaments and some ribbon.
It's easy and inexpensive -- and gives your door some Christmas curb appeal.
Here are the directions for making a silver and gold Christmas Frame Wreath, from Momtastic.com. Change the color scheme, if you'd like.
Holiday Picture Frame Wreath
8-inch by 10-inch antique gold frame
6 silver and gold 2-inch ornaments
3 to 4 feet of 2 1/2-inch gold ribbon
1 roll gold curling ribbon
1 roll silver curling ribbon
1. Tie the 2 1/2-inch gold ribbon into a bow about 8 inches wide. Make two large loops, then wrap the ribbon around the center and to the back. Leave a tail on each end of the bow, then trim the tips so the 2 tails are even. Use a little hot glue to hold the bow in place. Reserve about a 6- to 8-inch piece of the ribbon.
2. Loop the 6- to 8-inch piece of ribbon around the top of the picture frame and knot it near the free ends to make a hanger for your frame wreath.
3. Attach curling ribbon to each of the ornaments, so when the frame is finished, 3 of the ornaments will hang near the top and 2 of the ornaments will hang closer to the bottom. Tie an 8-inch piece (about 4 inches when it's doubled) to 3 of the ornaments. Tie a 12-inch piece of ribbon (about 6 inches when it's doubled) to 2 of the ornaments.
4. Use the hot glue gun to glue the top of the ribbon attached to the ornaments to the top of the frame in the back. Space the ornaments evenly and alternate short and long ribbons from left to right.
5. Hang the picture frame wreath on a door to welcome your holiday guests.
To keep up with Greenville real estate and Winterville real estate news, home-buying and home-selling tips, decor and landscaping ideas, giveaways, and eastern North Carolina happenings, make sure to Like the Tyre Realty Group Facebook page.