You want potential buyers to see how spacious your home is -- and that means getting rid of clutter!
Buyers want lots of storage space, big closets and spacious garages. Even large closets can look tiny if they're packed full of stuff.
Before you list your home on the market, it's imperative to remove any items that you don't need, don't use or don't want to move to your new home.
* Hold a yard sale and make a bit of money by selling your stuff to someone who wants it.
* Donate items to a local charity.
* Give items to friends and family who can use them.
* Take damaged or worn out items and trash to the city dump or recycling center.
* If you have lots of nicknacks, collections or small things that you treasure, go ahead a pack those items for the move.
Give special attention to these spots, which have a tendency to collect clutter:
Kitchen: Clear gadgets off kitchen counters. Organize pantries and cabinets.
Closets: Weed through and get rid of items. Organize what you keep.
Garage: Organize tools, bikes and other garage items to make sure there is plenty of room for a car.
To keep up with Greenville real estate and Winterville real estate news, home-buying and home-selling tips, decor and landscaping ideas, giveaways, and eastern North Carolina happenings, make sure to Like the Tyre Realty Group Facebook page.